Young Leaders Summit – Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
The Young Leaders Discovery and Impact Summit
Who is HUMANeX Ventures?
Established in 2007, HUMANeX Ventures is a human resources consulting firm dedicated to selecting, growing, and developing talented individuals and workplace cultures across the healthcare, education, business, and athletic sectors. Through a community based model, HUMANeX Ventures® partners with its clients to establish and sustain disciplined “best practice” systems and processes which ensure that every person is engaged in achieving and sustaining top performance, continuous improvement, innovation, and organizational mission and values.
What is the Young Leaders Discovery and Impact Summit (YLS)?
The Young Leaders Discovery and Impact Summit (YLS) is a two-day event designed to build better communities by creating an experience for young leaders to discover and align their purpose in life with their passions and abilities. At YLS, young leaders will connect with inspirational speakers from a variety of backgrounds, including education, business, and athletics. These role models will provide highly engaging, research-based content designed to help attendees understand who they are, with a focus on applying this knowledge and self-reflection to impact their future career and life decisions.
Who Should Attend?
- High school students seeking direction and understanding in their future goals
- College students seeking to define their purpose, passions, and future career path.
Young leaders ranging in age from late teens to early twenties are the perfect audience for our YLS events.
What benefits will young leaders obtain by attending YLS?
Many young leaders are at a crucial point in their lives when they ask themselves the questions, “Who am I?” and “Where am I going?” YLS is designed to guide young leaders on their path to answering these questions by providing them not only with a “mirror” to understand their innate talents, passions, and abilities, but also with a “map” to guide them with the tools and resources necessary for understanding their futures and ways they can impact the world. Thus, from their experiences at YLS, it is our goal for young leaders to:
- Understand their dominate traits and values both in personal and professional life through the evaluation of personalized results generated by our IMPACTeX Navigator career assessment
- Connect with coaches, mentors and leaders in the community who have found their purpose and passion in Business, Education and Athletics
How long has HUMANeX Ventures been organizing YLS events?
HUMANeX Ventures’ inaugural YLS event was held in June 2013 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Our team coordinated one additional event that summer, and looks forward to bringing three more events to the communities of Greeley, Colorado, Lincoln, Nebraska, and Kalamazoo, Michigan respectively during the summer of 2014.
What type of positive impact have Young Leaders Summits had on their attendees?
Young leaders who have attended our YLS events thus far have provided feedback about this valuable event experience. This includes:
- “I learned more about myself as a leader and how my traits determine my type of leadership.”
- “I learned how to keep my brain stimulated after sitting for a long period of time.”
- “I learned more about my work ethic and my personality traits.”
- “I learned that I can help others be successful in order to learn more about my strengths and be successful.”